Saturday, January 28, 2017

Berlin Sister March

Here is a link to an article in the Berlin English language magazine, "Lola". Expats living in Berlin were interviewed at the protest march last Saturday.  Here is a quote from one of the ladies interviewed:
“Everything is at stake during this presidency – healthcare, public funding for education, welfare, the environment. Women will keep earning lower wages. The LGBT page from the White House website is already gone. I’m extremely angry and I’m here to protect my reproductive rights. I’m tired of old white conservative rich men telling me what to do with my ovaries and my vulva. They’re mine. They don’t belong to them. I feel sorry for Melania – blink twice if you need help. Women, we need to stand up for our rights. We’re not second or third class citizens. We need education. We can’t sit idle. We have to mobilise and we have to keep on pushing.”
Irene Mogollon, 43, film editor, grew up between California and New York
I feel sorry for Melania, too. Go Irene.

The next big anti-Trump demonstration is scheduled for April 15, 2017. The official hashtag is #DivestDonald and protests are being planned nationwide.
Berlin out.

No comments:

Post a Comment